What is this?
Easy to use, secure, online, centralized, general data and document manager service
. Multiple users can access simultaneously the same or different data through a web interface.
The data is organized into simple, modifiable tables.
Most technologies are complex and tiresome and the changing demands of our environment often forces us to find easier and simpler ways to be more efficient in our workflow.
Simplicity brings more control and reliability. Advantages:
- data management and search becomes easy
- answers for good business decisions becomes available for everyone because of the reduced complexity and easy analysis
- easier to involve new people and provide them the company history
- easier to optimize workflows with the customizable data structure
- easier to react to changing demands of the environment with the modifiable business logic
Some examples for usage:
Who can utilize it?
- salesmen can track events of what happened and when to their customers
- out of state agents can give the management team daily reports of their work and their results
- construction companies can register what was done, how and when and take photos of the location before, after and upload it
- corporations can manage central address books of their customers with detailed contact infos
- firms can archive digital invoices and see their payment statuses
- engineers can follow up the modifications of their plans by storing the output files along with dates and reasons for modification
- social workers can make notes about their visits and observations
- lawyers can keep record of their clients' cases with dates, description of happenings and attached files
- individuals can keep a list of their health records describing what the problem was and also its solution, name of doctor and attaching report scans or photos
- budget management of how much was spent on what and when
- application management of who applied for what and when
- simple warehouse management with handling of orders
- general document management and filing
From individuals to huge organizations in many sectors can take advantage of this by not necessarily replacing any solutions in their infrastructures but by extending it as well.
How does it work?
- centralized, general purpose solution in production for several years
- you can decide what kind of data to store and how
- entirely web based, no installation required
- it can also be used as a web front end for data in other softwares
- any amount of users can access the same or different data any time
- super admin account for every customer from which further users can be defined
- data is stored in simple tables that you can create and modify
- non-admin users can create tables too and share them with a single click in a secure way (time limited and one-time share)
- table references to choose data from other tables
- automatic lists to choose data without table references
- every table has the same usage logic, so less complexity involved
- you can store date, text, number and file type of data by any columns
- OCR functionality to search data on photos and in pdf files too (optical character recognition. Support for english, hungarian, spanish and german languages). The uploaded files get converted transparently to plain texts so they can also be searched through by typing words in the column. Just like with any other text columns. (A couple of minutes might have to pass for the conversion before the file can be searched)
- optional detailed logging of every operation
- 3 main functions: storage, search and analysis
- store data by filling the row and clicking plus button
- search data by entering some characters and hitting enter (not accent or case sensitive)
- analyze data by 1 click with charts and summaries
- import and export of CSV files that can be zipped
- minimal design with no images at all, so the page content can be highly compressed with minimal network traffic at around 8 KB per clicks
- no huge amount of menus or toolbar icons to remember
- fast access times under 200 ms
- only server side computes, so it is fast on old devices too
- search history for easy return to previous data
- global search in all tables
- highlight search results
- comment section under the tables on the right for printing reports
- chat and real-time data update possibility
- designed to be secure: salted hashes, defense for SQL injections, minimization of attack vectors and surface, possibility for 3 levels of encryption
- accessible through a secure connection from any device: desktop machine, notebook, tablet, phone
- fine grade access control for users by granting access to specific tables or even specific rows only
- possibility to set session timeout for users separately
- force user to login through a secure method where no password can be saved in the browser (or else no sense for session timeout)
- limit all data access for a specified time interval for the user. For example, a user may only be able to access data from only the last week, month or past couple years.
- time limited passwords as needed
- data is protected with industry technology, frequent code patches and auditions
- possibility to host it in-house on a private server without 3rd party involved or host the file server separately
As seen on the graphics below, the design is modular and flexible so the different parts of the system can be separated and hosted on different servers for scalability reasons and resource redeployment.
If you would like to host our solution yourself in-house at your company, feel free to contact us.
About the developer
- 20 years of experience in software development including:
- 15 years of system administration including:
- operating systems (Linux, FreeBSD, Windows)
- networking (wired, wireless, virtual)
- mail systems, firewalls, virtualization
- file servers with RAID mirrors
- web servers, logging systems, mail and web proxies
- databases (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- security layers (SELinux, AppArmor, Tomoyo)
- extended security measures and software security